Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lights! Camera! Action!

With the weekend right around the corner some people may be interested in seeing a movie. There are three new movies coming out on January 30, 2009. These three movies are "New In Town", "Univited", and "Taken." One that sparked my interest was the horror movie Univited.
The movie, a suspense thriller, is base on 'The Uninvited,' the 2003 Korean motion picture. Anna returns home after spending time in a psychiatric hospital following her mother's horrible death and discovers that her mother's former nurse, Rachel, has moved into their house and become engaged to her father. Soon after she learns this shocking news, Anna is visited by her mother's ghost, who warns her that Rachel is evil. Both, Anna and her sister must convince their father that his new fiancee is not who she pretends to be, and what should have been a happy family reuion becomes a intense battle between stepsisters and a step mother.
I watched the trailer and it seemed very interestng to me. Who knows maybe I'll go check it out for myself this weekend. What do you think of the trailer?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjGnCa0XYhY


2 comments:

  1. I'm really tired of Korean horror films made American. It's annoying and most of the time they go for a sequel and do horrible. (Ring 2, Grudge 2)

    A movie that caught my attention was "Taken." The trailer is pretty much the guy saying he has a particular set of skills that will make him a nightmare to people like the kidnapper. It's vague but at the same time descriptive of the type of movie it is and the action that will be seen throughout the film. I'll probably be watching that one with my friends. You should join us, I'll ask Kyle to come for you. (Insert cliché abbreviation for laughing out loud here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While writing this comment I am on the phone with one of my friends who is trying to convince me to go see the "Uninvited". I absolutely hate scary movies. I don't find them entertaining and I personally wouldn't want to spend money on it. On the other hand, I agree with Gian. The trailer for "Taken" trailer caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete