Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Twilight on DVD March 21, 2009



               The much anticipated Twilight DVD is being released on Saturday, March 21. Twilight fans are extremely excited for the DVD with deleted scenes and extra bonus features to come out. The movie was said to be not completely up to expectations of most Twilight fans. Although the cast was VERY good looking the movie just did not compare to the books. Parts of the movie were not only different from the book but also kind of a disappointment. For example, the meadow scene just wasn't the same as the book and Edward's character, played by Rob Pattinson, did a good job but seemed way harsher then Edward was portrayed in the book. Usually, books are always better then the actual movies. Twilight fans still seemed to support, cheer, and respect the movie. Who knows maybe the second one will live up to expectations? 
                   For viewers that did not read the book, they found the movie to be slow and kind of boring. Because readers already knew what to expect and what to look for many viewers though parts of the movie were boring and unnecessary. Others thought the movie was confusing and didn't understand it because they left out some essential parts that are in the book.  All in all the movie was supported even though it was different then the book. You have to look at it in a whole different perspective.  On  personal note, I met Taylor Lautner ( Jacob Black) and Edi Gatheg who seemed really excited for the movie but also proud of their hard work. The entire cast had high expectations to live up to.

2 comments:

  1. I never had to opportunity to watch Twilight while it was in theaters but I read all four books and I absolutely loved the series. Even though a couple of my friends say how they didn''t like the movie, that they prefered the book I still want to watch it and compare them for myself. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to recomment on this because I have now red the book and seen the movie. When I read the book Twilight I loved it, probably just like any other person who also red it. Comparing the book to the movie, I prefer the book. The book goes more in depth of how the characters feel something you can't deeply understand in the movie.
    I also think they could've made better choices on the actor they chose for the charcters. But, overall I enjoyed watching the movie.

    ReplyDelete