Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Drama States


             This week I decided to go a little off topic with my blog. This past week/weekend I attended the Florida States Thespian convention in Tampa. You get to go to states if you received a ranking of an excellent or superior at districts. When you compete at districts there are many categories such as acting, musical theatre, set design, and costumes, that you can take part it. Every category has a solo section, duet, or large group. I went to districts and performed in a large group of 16 girls. We performed a song called "Just Arrived" from the musical Copacabana. We got judged and got straight superiors. At states we also got a superior there too. The rankings in order can be poor, fair, good, excellent, or superior. In other words getting a superior is very good. It was alot of fun and about 36 kids from AMT went and competed. The drama kids at the convention were really friendly and loud. We spent four nights there and as well as competed saw shows and went to different workshops. It was a great experience because I learned alot. 

2 comments:

  1. congradulations. Does that mean you won? or does everyone win?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you guys! Congradulations! It's a shame I wasn't there though. That's okay, next year I will be. Are you still going to be doing it next year Nicole? I can't wait, I'm extremely excited, I did something similar in 8th grade and it was a total blast.

    ReplyDelete