Monday, February 9, 2009

51st Grammy's turns out to be a let down! :(


Although everyone involved with the Grammy's had said it would be the "show of a life time," I found it to be a let down. This is only my personal opinion of course. Since I am not a country fan I was dissapointed in the fact of how many country performs performed at the awards show. Additionally, I thought the show was rather long. Instead of announcing winners and having performances the show seemed to drag on and got a little dull towards the end. I was VERY unhappy to hear the neither Jason Mraz nor Jonas Brothers got a grammy. The Jonas Brothers won to the new British Pop sensation Adele. This made me very upset :( haha. I have always been a fan of Jason Mraz but when I got the chance to see him live and in person I was very impressed with his performance. He was probably one of the best single performers I have ever seen. His music is different and he sounds BETTER live then on a CD. It was a disspointment to not see him win a Grammy because he deserves it!!! It was also a shame that he was only nominated for "I'm Yours," because many of his songs are better then that one. On the other hand, I was thrilled to see performances by Jonas Brothers, Lil Wayne, Justin Timberlake and T.I., Stevie Wonder, Kate Perry, Jennifer Hudson etc. Here is a list of the winners!! P.S. If you watched the award show let me know what you thought of it? Were you disspointed with the performances and/or winners?

-Please Read the Letter, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Raising Sand, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

Viva La Vida, Coldplay

John Mayer, Say

Adele, Chasing Pavements

Adele

Coldplay, Viva La Vida

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Rich Woman

Jingle All The Way, Béla Fleck & The Flecktones

Eagles, I Dreamed There Was No War

Rockferry, Duffy

Harder Better Faster Stronger, Daft Punk

Alive 2007, Daft Punk

Still Unforgettable, Natalie Cole

John Mayer, Gravity

Metallica, My Apocalypse

Kings of Leon, Sex on Fire

The Mars Volta, Wax Simulacra

Zappa Plays Zappa, Peaches En Regalia

Girls in Their Summer Clothes, Bruce Springsteen

In Rainbows, Radiohead

La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, Coldplay

Chrisette Michele feat. will.i.am, Be OK

Miss Independent, Ne-Yo

Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Hudson

Growing Pains, Mary J. Blige

Ne-Yo, Miss Independent

Alicia Keys, Superwoman

Al Green feat. John Legend, Stay With Me (By The Sea)

Al Green feat. Anthony Hamilton, You've Got The Love I Need

Lil Wayne, A Milli

Jay-Z & T.I. feat. Kanye West & Lil Wayne, Swagga Like Us

Estelle feat. Kanye West, American Boy

Lollipop, Lil Wayne feat. Static Major

Tha Carter III, Lil Wayne

Carrie Underwood, Last Name

Brad Paisley, Letter To Me

Stay, Sugarland

Troubadour, George Strait

3 comments:

  1. I'm just happy blink 182 is back together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching the Grammys has started to bore me over the years. I am a fan of country music, I kind of regret not watching it. The Jonas Brothers fill my heart with hate. I think they are witches and should be sent to an island without food or water. There songs are horrible and they don't dress like men should. In middle school I did listen to one Jason Mraz song, "The Remedy." That was his only good song in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shhh! I love Jason Mraz! And yes the Jonas Brothers aren't musically talented but I still love them! ahah

    ReplyDelete