Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are you considered a SHOPOHOLIC!?


"Rebecca Bloomwood is a sweet and charming New York City girl who has a tiny, little problem that is rapidly turning into a big problem: she's hopelessly addicted to shopping and drowning in a sea of debt. While Rebecca has dreams of working for a top fashion magazine, she can't quite get her foot in the door -- that is, until she snags a job as an advice columnist for a new financial magazine published by the same company. Overnight, her column becomes hugely popular, turning her into an overnight celebrity, but when her compulsive shopping and growing debt issues threaten to destroy her love life and derail her career, she struggles to keep it all from spiraling out of control--and is ultimately forced to reevaluate what's really important in life."

The critics give Confessions of a Shopaholic a C+ but I would have to give it a B+. I always imagined the book as a movie a little bit differently. Firstly, the book is set in London, England not NYC. I never would've imagined Becky Bloomwood and a corney character with orange coats and purple boots. I imagined her as a rather...well.. sophisticated shopaholic that can make you laugh. The movie didn't dissapoint but certain parts I would have changed. Over all it was a cute, light hearted movie that I think any viewer who didn't read the books would have throughouly enjoyed! I thought Luke's character was portrayed very well and so was the use of the green scarf. If anyone's read the book or seen the movie they know what I'm talking about. The books are on of my FAVORITE series. But movies never live up to the potential as a book. I beleive its impossible to catch the moments the same and transfer them on screen. They managed to do a decent job, not fabulous but decent. I still would recommend seeing the movie. If anyone's seen the movie or read the books let me know what you thought! :)

1 comment:

  1. well,I really like to movie it was funny! haha, I mean it could of been a little better but it was good I wish I had her closet! full of shoes! sometimes I just wish I was a shopaholic lol.

    ReplyDelete